Everyone has heard the saying to “walk in their shoes.” It is one of the simplest explanations of empathy. Understanding other peoples’ outlook, being able to recognize their emotions and being sensitive to their situation is vital to communicate more effectively and build better relationships. This course will address ways to improve your capacity to demonstrate empathy.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand the elements of empathy
• Assess empathy in yourself
• Assess empathy’s importance and weight in relationships
• Exercise empathy daily and improve your capacity for it
• Determine ways to teach empathy, compassion, and understanding