The following resources will help you take that first step toward a healthier lifestyle, or plan the next phase of your journey.
American Heart Association – Get more information on heart disease
Getting a Good Night’s Sleep – More than one in three adults get insufficient sleep. This video offers suggestions to improve the quality and quantity of your sleep.
BMI Calculator – Learn more about your Body Mass Index and what it means.
NC HealthSmart – Visit this portal to health and wellness information provided by the State Health Plan.
- Find a Clear Pricing Project (CPP) Behavioral Health Provider for FREE (80/20 and 70/30 plans)
- Counseling and Therapy Demystified – Register Here & Watch Now
- Group Fitness Schedule – Recreational Services offers a variety of fitness classes, from yoga to Zumba.
- Charlotte Area Greenways, Concord Area Greenways, Davidson Area Greenways, Harrisburg Area Greenways – Opportunities to hike, walk and jog your way around the Charlotte region abound!
- Simple Exercises You Can Do at Your Desk – Click on this link for a short video showcasing exercises you can do at your desk throughout the day.
- www.411fit.com – Keep a daily diet and exercise log, for free.
- Nutrition Tools: Chartwells & Dining on Campus – Chartwells offers a number of nutrition tools and resources, including a nutrition journal and nutrition calculator.
- Charlotte Area Farmers Markets – A number of farmers markets dot the Charlotte region, making fresh, local produce, meats and dairy more accessible.